Open student position at DACAARs secritariat in Copenhagen
The Danish Committee for Aid to Afghan Refugees (DACAAR) is an NGO that does humanitarian and development work in Afghanistan. We have provided aid in Afghanistan since 1984 and has now approx. 900 local employees. Our primary projects are within water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). On top of this, we also have projects within agriculture, education, and women’s empowerment.
We are looking for a student assistant who is passionate about helping people in need, to support us in our secretariat in Copenhagen. You will be assisting the head of the secretariat and the financial administrator with:
• Reporting in donor systems in connection with donor compliance
• Ensuring compliance with requirements and deadlines for grant applications
• Preparation of documents for board meetings, and writing minutes
• Payment of invoices
• Support for bookkeeping and monthly expenditure overview
• Office management, responsibility for contact with reception and purchasing supplies
• Planning and contact person for our network meetings
• Good at coordinating and having multiple balls in the air
• Outreach – several of your colleagues are working abroad, so you should be comfortable with reaching out and calling them (on Skype / Teams) when needed
• Basic knowledge of Excel
• Strong writing skills
• Experienced with various social media (Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter…)
• A plus if you also know WordPress and MailChimp
• Languages: English is a requirement. Danish, Dari, or Pashtu are a plus, but not necessary
We expect that you are in the process of taking a relevant education, for example in international/global development, human rights, or a more administrative education with an interest in this field.
The position is 10-15 hours a week. The working hours are flexible, but will primarily be 8-16 on weekdays. On a few days, with events or meetings, you may however have to work a bit later.
The position is temporary. It will start at the beginning of February, until the end of June.
This is a paid position. The salary will depend on your previous experience.
You will be working at DACAAR’s secretariat, which is part of the office community SPACES, where there is, among other things, free yoga, HIIT training, and table football.
Send your application as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your CV and letter of motivation
If you have further questions about the position, you can contact Camilla on 61704936.