Donor Compliance and Project Information Officer to DACAAR Denmark
Danish Committee for Aid to Afghan Refugees (DACAAR) is a Danish NGO that has provided development and humanitarian support to Afghanistan’s civilians since 1984. As a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit organization, we work to improve the lives of the Afghan people by addressing the acute needs of the most vulnerable and supporting early recovery and sustainable development for all. Our main programme focuses are WASH, Agricultural Development, Small Scale Enterprise Development, and Women’s opportunities.
The overall aim of the Donor Compliance and Project Information Officer (DC&PIO) position is to contribute to ensuring that DACAAR is living up to the highest donor standards and requirements and that relevant knowledge and significant changes from DACAAR project activities are present in the Copenhagen Secretariat and contribute to informing donors and all relevant stakeholders.
The DC&PIO is a support function assisting the Head of Secretariat (HoS) in Copenhagen in ensuring compliance and relevant information updates related to contractual obligations on projects funded by a selected number of institutional donors (Danida, Norwegian MFA, ECHO, BHA, a.o.), private foundations, and other partners both in terms of quality of implementation and quality and timeliness of reports.
In close collaboration with Programme Department and Fundraising and Communication Department in Kabul and HoS in Copenhagen participate in screening and developing possible funding opportunities, coordinate and support the drafting of funding applications.
Provide relevant and timely project information including progress and challenges to the Head of Secretariat.
Collecting relevant information from DACAARs projects in Afghanistan e.g. case studies, human interest stories, photos, and videos in a format that can be used for information to donors, advocacy, visibility, media, conferences, annual reports, social media, and Danish website.
Regular travel to DACAAR main office in Kabul and monitoring visits to DACAAR projects in Afghanistan. Expected 30-40 travel days per year.
Participate in relevant forums, conferences, and networks.
As Donor Compliance and Project Information Officer a selection of your task will be to:
- Facilitate weekly updates to HoS on project development issues including donor compliance, application, and reporting deadlines.
- Support the Head of Fundraising & Communications and HoS in ensuring compliance with contractual obligations related to donor-funded projects both in terms of quality of implementation and quality and timeliness of reports.
- Explore private foundations for relevant new funding opportunities.
- In close collaboration with the M&E team in Afghanistan assist in quality assurance of draft proposals, reports, etc. to donors.
- Work closely with the M&E team and support them in ensuring that lessons learned, recommendations from external and internal reviews and evaluations, and knowledge accumulated of current projects are channeled and integrated into the design of future projects as well as reports for ongoing projects.
- Support the development of project reports in accordance with the required quality and deadlines.
- Participate in grant opening and closing meetings.
- Together with HoS ensure that the Danish DACAAR communication platform including the Danish website and other social media are up to date with key information from the DACAAR programmes including photos, videos, news, press releases, case stories from the field, publications, etc.
- In collaboration with the Fundraising and Communication Department participate in the development of the DACAAR External Annual Report.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You thrive in an international environment and together with colleagues from different cultures.
You are professional and can work independently but also find inspiration from collaborating with your colleagues.
You are willing to travel to Afghanistan and when relevant work from our office in Kabul and visit project sites.
While in Afghanistan you know the importance of strictly following DACAAR’s security policies, procedures, and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
We expect you to have:
A master’s in International Affairs, International Development, or related educational skills
A good understanding of the international development funding sector and donor compliance.
Cultural empathy, diplomatic instincts, and strong networking skills with good communication and negotiation skills. Minimum 2 years of work with donor compliance and project planning, monitoring, and learning.
Some field experience with development/ humanitarian work
You work professionally in English verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Danish is an advantage.
Your future workplace:
DACAAR is a Danish organisation that has provided development and humanitarian support to Afghanistan’s civilians since 1984.
At our small secretariat in Carlsbergbyen in Copenhagen you will have 2-3 colleagues and in Afghanistan approximately 1000 national Afghan colleagues.
A full-time position of 37 working hours per week in an international, busy and inspiring workplace showing flexibility and caring about staff welfare. You will refer to the Head of Secretariat in Copenhagen.
Salary and employment conditions will comply with AC agreements with Danish government employees.
Application and further information
Your application marked Donor Compliance and Project Information Officer, including CV and cover letter, should be send to Head of Secretariat, Klaus Løkkegaard on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you might need more information please see our website (dacaar.dk) or contact Head of Secretariat Klaus Løkkegaard on email: email@example.com or mobile phone +45 20557978.
Application deadline is March 24th, 2023. Interviews will take place in the following week. Expected date of commencement is no later than May 1st.